Included with MediaFire for Android are various file actions such as privacy options, sharing, deleting, renaming, moving, and copying a file. To access file actions, follow these steps:
- Locate the file you would like to manage.
- Select the context menu icon.
- Your file's Context Menu will be displayed with various options which are detailed below:
- Share: Selecting this option will reveal a new window listing all of your device's applications which can share your file. Examples would include your email application. Choose the application you would like to utilize to share you file. Follow the prompts to complete sharing your file.
- Download: Selecting this option will download your file to your android device.
- Make Private / Make Public: Select this option to change the privacy setting for your file. When a file is made private, only you will be able to access your folder. When a folder is made public, share links will be enabled.
- File Info: This option gives you pertinent information about your file, such as file name, size, creation date, amount of times it has been downloaded, and hash.
- Rename: To rename your file, select Rename. A new window will appear where you can enter the new name of your file. After typing your desired file name, select Rename File to complete renaming of your file.
- Move: If you would like to move your file to a different location, select Move. After tapping Move your folder directory will be displayed. Choose the location where you would like to move your file and then select the blue Move here button at the bottom of your screen.
- Copy: To duplicate your file, select Copy. Once selected your folder directory will be displayed. Choose the location where you would like to copy your file and then select the blue Copy here button at the bottom of your screen.
- Delete: Select this option to delete your file. A new box will be displayed asking you to confirm you want to delete your file. Choose Delete to complete your deletion. In case of accidental deletion, files can be retrieved from the Trash folder on your MediaFire account.